Week 2 Post Carnivore

 Obviously I got off track with the blogging! I’ll just do a quick recap. I have introduced potatoes, carrots, beets, onions, butternut squash, avocados, honey, yogurt, Caesar salad (no croutons), raspberries, strawberries, cream cheese, and green onion. I have noticed a bit of a change in my skin. A little more hormonal acne, which is normal this time of month. Also sometimes I noticed red patches after eating something. Yesterday I tried a sample of soup at a restaurant. It was chicken tomato orzo. I almost instantly had a distinct stomach pain and my face reacted. So it was probably tomatoes or the orzo. I will have to isolate for that. I had a hot fudge sundae last Saturday night from McDonald’s and I woke up with acne. So doing my best to avoid sugar now. 

I am down to 150 lbs. It feels good. My clothes fit better. Some of my newer jeans are fitting loose now and my older jeans just fit like they used to.

This week I noticed something interesting. I was eating yogurt and honey for breakfast and then borscht for lunch. So no meat. My body did not like that. I was tired and looking for food. I think meat early in the day is key for me. 

In another instance, I made this “million dollar chicken” recipe, which is basically baked chicken with cream cheese, bacon, and more cheese on top. I ate one whole chicken breast, which was huge by the way, and I had quite a bit of stomach pain after. Like bloating. I may have passed my dairy threshold with that meal. I may have also been eating too fast, because I had to run to a meeting. 

Anyway, overall I’m feeling good. I’m enjoying this simplistic way of eating. I’m still losing weight. I’m sleeping great. My skin still looks good. My estrogen levels came down a lot this month, which was good. I’m going to keep with it and perhaps try adding in tomatoes and peppers this coming week. 

Comments